We are very happy to be reopening and wanted to take the opportunity to provide as much information as possible to our participants. Hockey will return on Jan 31st, and team schedules are being updated.
The Province of Ontario and OWHA have finalized the revised guidelines for our return to play.
OWHA's update is linked here for your information: OWHA_MEMO_Jan_28th
- Players are still required to active screen prior to attending.
- PROVINCIALLY MANDATED and administered by the facilities, all patrons entering the facility including players 12 years of age and older will need to provide their QR code vaccination certificate (to be scanned at the door) and ID to gain entry. This will be a requirement in all Ontario sports facilities. Please ensure you have downloaded the advanced QR code certificate as the old certificates will not be accepted anymore.
- 50% capacity in the buildings where we play.
- Keep distanced wherever possible, and do not congregate in lobbies or hallways
- Keep safe dressing room protocols – minimize time spent in dressing rooms, wear masks, and keep distanced
- Masks are required in all arenas at all times including dressing rooms. Only the Ice Surface and Bench (for players) are exempt.
- Eliminate indoor team social activity,
- No warm-ups inside arena at this time
- Dressing Rooms: please arrive as dressed as possible for participation at this time you have 30min before and 30 min after.
What will happen if there are COVID Contacts at Hockey?
We recognize that access to PCR and/or Rapid Antigen Testing is very limited, and that Public Health is unable to provide contact tracing and guidance for everyone. If you have tested positive, have been in contact with a positive case, or are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please refer to the Ontario Self Assessment Screening found at: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/