Police Checks (Wilmot Girls Hockey)

PrintPolice Checks

Police Check Information

WGHA requires all staff members, including managers, to have a police check (officially called a ‘Vulnerable Sector Check). These police checks are valid for four years.

For Waterloo Region Residents

Waterloo Region Residents can only apply in person at the:

Police Reporting Centre
150 Maple Grove Road
Cambridge, Ontario N3H 5M

Before going to the Police Report Centre, confirm the details and what you need to bring at the website of Waterloo Regional Police Service. http://www.wrps.on.ca/records-police-checks/police-record-checks/police-vulnerable-sector-check

At a minimum you will need:

By using the police check request form the cost is reduced to $10 (rather than $25). WGHA will reimburse your police check expense to a maximum of $10 so if you don't use the form the additional cost will be at your expense.

For NON-Waterloo Region residents

Visit the website of your local township or call them.

  • For East-Zorra Township residents - contact the Hickson office – 519-462-2697.
  • For Blandford-Blenheim residents – contact the Drumbo office – 519-463-5881
  • For Stratford residents – 519-271-4147

Volunteers may be required to provide a letter from Wilmot Girls Hockey Association stating that the volunteer is required to have a Vulnerable Sector Check. Please contact Staff Development Director for the letter. Please note, the current WGHA police check request form on our website is only for Waterloo Region residents and it will NOT be accepted in other districts. For most townships, there is no cost for obtaining a police check but that can change at any time of course. (Stratford does charge for police checks)

Printed from wilmotgirlshockey.com on Saturday, August 17, 2019 at 5:58 PM