Nov 25, 2020 | WGHA | 849 views
NEW PROTOCOLS: ENTERING THE ARENA DURING COVID LEVEL RED
With Waterloo Region now in the Red-Control category of the provincial response framework, the Wilmot Wolverines continue to work with local public health officials and the township to meet the new provincial regulations. Following further clarification from our Regional Public Health Unit, associations across Waterloo Region will be implementing updated protocols starting tomorrow.
Effective tomorrow (Thursday Nov 26) we will be using new entrances at the WRC and only admitting 10 people per rink. This means that there will be no spectators in the arena and parents will drop players off and follow the updated protocols featured in the bullet points and video links below. Parents can discuss the logistics of the drop off with their coach if they would like further clarification on how this will work. The entrance to the Schout rink will be door 25 and Optimist will be at the main entrance. The entrance and exit for each rink are now the same as each rink's entrance. Please see some of the updated protocols highlighted below:
- Maximum of 10 people per rink includes coaches, trainers, participants and guardians.
- Entrance and Exiting to the Schout Rink will be near the drop off lane at the front of the building at door 25
- Chairs will be placed outside the door for skate tying.
- Township screener will screen the coach as usual and the coach will check that all participants have screened prior to entering
- A washroom will be available in dressing room 3
- No access will be allowed to the lobby area
- Entrance and Exiting to the Optimist Rink will be from the main arena entrance at door 1
- Chairs will be placed outside the doors for skate tying
- The screener will continue to screen the coach who will check to ensure participants are all screened prior to entering
- Mats have been purchased by the Township and placed in the lobby area from the main entrance to the Optimist pad entrance for safety when walking with skates on
- A washroom will be available in dressing room 9
- No access to lobby washrooms will be permitted.
Schout Pad - https://youtu.be/fHWJMvmtk2w
Optimist Pad - https://youtu.be/zmXoDVtgtE0
Thank you for your continued cooperation during these changes. We'll see you at the rink,
Wilmot Girls Hockey Association