Wilmot Wolverines Tryout Information
Registration for tryouts is now open for U9 and Senior B/C.
For U9, all players will be offered 4 development sessions prior to tryout ice times (as per Hockey Canada’s U9 and U11 Player Pathway Guidelines). These sessions will be open to all players registered for U9 with WGHA- no registration is required. More information will be provided closer to September. If a player is interested in playing on our competitive team, YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR TRYOUTS. There is a $60 fee to register for tryouts. Failure to register, make payment, or provide a valid Permission To Tryout form (if needed) could prevent you from being able to participate in tryouts.
Senior B will have three on-ice sessions that will either be used as tryouts or on-ice evaluations depending on the registration numbers. The $60 fee is required to be paid by all participants. This covers the cost of the ice times scheduled for evaluation which are outside of the regular season ice times.
The tryout schedule is subject to change. Please ensure you review the association calendar for dates and times.
All players at U9 are eligible for the first three tryouts. After tryout #3, releases may be made. If you are coming from another girls hockey association, please bring a Permission to Tryout in order to be allowed on the ice. If you have not paid for your tryout fees prior to the first ice time, this is required at the first ice time.
U9 Tryout Schedule
Tryout #1 Saturday September 16, 1:30-2:20 pm Wilmot Rec Centre (WRC)
Tryout #2 Sunday September 17, 1:30-2:20 pm WRC
Tryout #3 Tuesday September 19, 6:00-6:50 pm WRC
Tryout #4 Saturday September 23, 1:30-2:20 pm WRC
SR B Tryout Schedule
Tryout #1 Wednesday September 6, 8:30-9:20 pm WRC
Tryout #2 Saturday September 9, 7:30-8:20 pm WRC
Tryout #3 Saturday September 16, 7:30-8:20 pm WRC
*** Click here to register for tryouts through RAMP registrations. ***
If Wilmot Wolverines is NOT your Home Association you will require a Permission To Tryout (PTT) form to attend tryouts. You will need to contact your Home Association to receive the PTS form.
· You need to register and pay for the Wilmot Wolverines tryouts: click here
· You need email your PTT form to [email protected] prior to your first tryout
Failure to register, make payment, or provide a valid Permission To Tryout Form (if necessary) could prevent you from being able to participate in tryouts.
Permission to skate information for current Wolverines:
- The WGHA will only issue Permission to Tryout (PTT) forms for levels higher than are being offered by the WGHA.
- To get a PTT form, the player must register and pay for tryouts for the WGHA.
- You need to complete a WGHA Permission to Skate online request form- CLICK HERE
- You must submit one request for each PTT you need (e.g., each centre, dates of tryouts, and level you are wishing to try out at).
- All PTT forms will be sent out by the night before they become valid.
- No permission to tryouts will be issued until tryouts commence in April 2023 as directed by OWHA.
- Please read and review the following WGHA policies
- We require at least 72 hours notice to process PTT requests
Please refer to the following WGHA Policies:
PERMISSION TO SKATE & RELEASES Policy #3
TRYOUT Policy #4
REPRESENTATIVE TEAM IMPORT Policy #5