Waterloo Region will be placed in health code red as of Monday, November 23. All scheduled games this weekend will still take place.
There are important changes that are effective as of Monday.
Click on "Read More" for full details.The province of Ontario has announced that our health region will move into health code red as of Monday, November 23rd. Wolverines hockey will continue in code red but there will be some modifications:
- Games and scrimmages can not be played during this time but practices will continue at the WRC with a maximum of 10 people total in each rink area.
- The stands will be closed and no viewing will be allowed from the lobby.
- Goalies can no longer be let in early as that would put the numbers over the limit of 10 for the previous rental.
- Practices will also continue with larger groups at the Plattsville Arena.
- Teams are NOT permitted to participate in modified games or scrimmages in other parts of the province.
- Practice schedules will be changing so please check the Wolverines online calendar for your updated times.
Most players will be able to continue within their smaller team groupings but some rosters will be impacted. If your registered player will be impacted by these changes you will be contacted directly by the association in the very near future.
WGHA, NHHA and NHSC have reached out and received Wilmot Township approval to offset the cost increases so we can look into extending the season without extra financial cost to our members. We thank Wilmot Township for supporting our youth organizations.
It is likely that we will be in health code red for two COVID cycles or 28 days. When the red level period is over we expect to return to game play.